INLAND SPONSORSHIP - Canada Visa - Canada Immigration



If your partner lives within the country, Kudos! then this program is meant for you
This program too is a subcategory of the Family Class immigration, under which a Canadian permanent resident may sponsor his/her common-law partner for Canadian permanent residence. Both the sponsor and the sponsored person must be approved by the earlier mentioned IRCC in order for the sponsored person to receive a visa. There are two parts to the formalities. The spouse or common-law partner applies for permanent residence and the sponsor does vice versa. Regardless of the sponsorship method chosen, both the sponsor and the sponsored person must meet a number of specific requirements in order to consider the eligibility.

Under this sponsorship category, the foreign spouse/common-law partner must have a valid temporary status in Canada, either as a worker/student/visitor. If the sponsored person already has a work or study permit, he or she may continue to work or study as long as the permit is valid. Still, it is important to note that working and studying in Canada without a valid status is illegal and may result in serious consequences for the sponsored person.

Unlike the outland applications where the spouse is residing outside Canada, the person being sponsored through the Inland path may be eligible for an Open Work Permit while his or her application is being processed. This program is a blessing in the way since it can help to anticipate the upshots of a lengthy application process by allowing the sponsored person to work for a Canadian employer, without first having a confirmed offer of employment. Applicants who would like to apply for an open work permit should apply for one at the same time that they apply for permanent residence.

However, IRCC states that if a sponsored common-law partner has not submitted an application for an open work permit while their permanent residence application, he or she may still submit an application for an open work permit later. If IRCC call for an interview, the sponsored person will be notified, in writing, of the date, time and location of the interview and of the documents he or she must bring. In case a sponsored person’s application is refused, he/she is required to leave Canada immediately at the end of his or her period of temporary stay.

Added to this, if the sponsored leaves Canada at any point while the application is being processed, there is no guarantee that he or she will be allowed to re-enter Canada, especially if he or she requires a visitor visa. Here too, IRCC is favorable to process entire formalities on a fast phase so that they reunite families as fast as they can where the maximum time period assumed is 12months

Call Now
Chat Now
Contact Us

We are glad that you preferred to contact us. Please fill our short form and one of our friendly team members will contact you back.

Your Name

Your Email

Your Mobile